Whether you're a youth athlete or a loving parent, keeping memorabilia and even photographic track of all your games, events and achievements can become quite a task. Sometimes even something as simple as storing photos can become overwhelming and even forgotten.
Here's a few different options of how you can preserve your youth sports memories:
1) Scrapbooking: Yes it's a mom thing but let her scrapbook her heart out about your sporting days, when you're older you will appreciate it more than you know. Moms, make sure you include any type of memorabilia you can, leaflets, medals, tickets, anything that will make that scrapbook extra special.
2) PowerPoint Presentations: These are not just for dad or mom's work… we know a lot of people that put together great presentations from their travels, why not do it for sports? If you have a little extra time and you are a digital fan, why not put together presentations of all your events? Invite your friends and family around, grab a projector and give them a show.
3) Collage: We saw this once at a neighbors house and it was the great idea ever! Grab a large piece of wood and make sure you cover the wall you want to use for your large collage. Why wood? It can be easily removed if you ever want to take it with you! Get working on your collage and use as much material as you have, photos, wrappers, posters and even parts of your uniform why not! If you're patient enough it can be a work in progress throughout the years… a fun family project too.
4) Make a book!: For those of you who are more digitally included, there are services where you can send to make a book out all your photos and illustrations. Services like iPhoto, Smilebooks.com, Shutterfly.com or Mypublisher.com. Create wonderful coffee table-type books out of all your youth sports memories!
5) Last but never least… Get to it! There's no time like today, if you begin to store your photos and sports memorabilia, chances are you'll never get to it. Pick a creative way to keep those memories and get to work!
Have more tips on how you keep your Youth Sports Memorabilia? Share them with us on our Facebook Page!